Here are some things I have noticed as an old man going back to college.
1) The Teachers are almost the same age as me. This means that when they try to act like life experience is the greatest thing ever, I can laugh. (I do laugh) During my Tech Writing class we had to do a resume, and the teacher said that we simply did not have enough work experience to have a resume larger than one page. I raised my hand, and she immediately corrected the statement.
2) Some of the Students are not as smart as I wanted them to be. Oh My God, was I that dumb when I was in college the first time? My .75 grade point suggests that indeed I was (that is right POINT 75)
3) Going to Class is of utmost importance to success. Wish I would have learned this lesson about 13 years earlier.
4) There are many other Old man and Old woman college students. I feared I would be the lone elder, but there are others of my kind. So, take heart if you are considering going back to school.
5) I am not as dumb as I thought I was. I was having anxiety attacks about going back, fearing failure, but I realized that I can do it if I just put my full effort into it.